Sunday, March 9, 2014

Crocheting is LIFE!!!

I am creating this blog to try and put some order into my crocheting life!! I think that if I blog about my items, my current projects, and my experiences with crocheting, I will be more organized when it comes to this part of my life. I love to crochet and I am trying to get more into blogging, so I think that this is a great start.

I started crocheting when I was 11. I enjoy it so much! It's calming, and it makes me happy! I love to just sit in front of my television and crochet, scarves, hats, flowers, any and everything! I have so many crochet blankets in my apartment it's kind of silly. But I love it. 

I donate many of my blankets to an organization called Project Linus here in Columbus, which gives blankets to children in the hospital. I would love to be able to work more with them, and one of my goals is to start a crochet circle so that we can donate mass amounts of blankets and other accessories to charitable organizations. 

I love to teach crochet, but I am not good so far about creating my own patterns. I love to follow patterns and modify them to fit my own personality. Sometimes I just freehand something and see how it turns out, and most of the time it comes out awesome! 

I have an Etsy website where I am attempting to begin selling my products. Etsy is a great website to find many handmade, vintage, and unique items. My shop has a bunch of really cute items in it right now, but I am in the process of updating to a spring collection. I am really excited about starting this blog journey and hopefully getting more people excited about crochet!!!

I will be trying to post every week with new ideas and works in progress (WIP) that I have. I really want to draw people, especially young people into the world of crochet and into appreciation for the art of handmade crafts!

If you would like to check out my etsy page, please visit at Crocheted Conceptions by Regina on Etsy

These are just a few examples of some of my works!! Enjoy!!

xoxo
~Reg

 



No comments:

Post a Comment